Sunday 23 August 2015

The Food Plate and the Food Guide Pyramid


Nutritional Guidelines for Healthy Eating


Propelling: How do get proper nutrition?

Complete the following information.

Food is broken down to the following five accepted groups

1. Bread, cereals, and ________________
2. _________________and vegetables
3. Milk and _________________ products
4. Meat and ________________ alternatives
5. _______________ and sugary foods

The amount of calories that we require will change from one person to another but the proportions of food from different groups should remain unchanged.



The Food Plate suggests
1. to help you get the right balance diet of the five main food groups
2. to maintain healthy diet just follow the portion of each food group to be guided in eating using this method

The Food Guide Pyramid was the model for healthy eating in the United States. Maybe you had to memorize its rainbow stripes in school.
But the USDA, the agency in charge of nutrition, has switched to a new symbol: a colorful plate —called MyPlate — with some of the same messages:
  • Eat a variety of foods.
  • Eat less of some foods and more of others.
You know what fruits and vegetables are, but here's a reminder about what's included in the three other food groups: protein, grains, and dairy:
  • Protein: Beef; poultry; fish; eggs; nuts and seeds; and beans and peas like black beans, split peas, lentils, and even tofu and veggie burgers. Protein builds up, maintains, and replaces the tissues in your body.
  • Grains: Bread, cereal, rice, tortillas, and pasta. Whole-grain products such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, and brown rice are recommended because they have more fiber and help you feel full.
  • Dairy: Milk, yogurt, cheese, and fortified soy milk. With MyPlate, the dairy circle could be a cup of milk, but you also can get your dairy servings from yogurt or cheese. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy most of the time.

First Lady Likes the Plate

First Lady Michelle Obama introduced the plate and said she will use it with her family, which includes the Obamas' two daughters, Sasha and Malia. Mrs. Obama, who started the Let's Move campaign to help kids get healthier, said the pyramid just wasn't easy enough for parents and kids to follow. The plate is simple and useful.
"I can't help but look at my own plate a little differently," she said. "We're implementing this in our household."
The plate can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That may make you wonder: Do I really have to eat vegetables with breakfast? The answer is no, but aim to eat a variety of food groups at each meal. And if your breakfast doesn't include a veggie, consider a vegetable at snack time. (Yes, healthy, portion-controlled snacks are still OK.)
The plate also shows how to balance your food groups. There's a reason the protein section is smaller: You don't need as much from that group. Eating more fruits and vegetables will help you eat fewer calories overall, which helps you keep a healthy weight. Eating fruits and veggies also gives you lots of vitamins andminerals.
The pyramid had six vertical stripes to represent the five food groups plus oils. The plate features four sections (vegetables, fruits, grains, and protein) plus a side order of dairy in blue.
The big message is that fruits and vegetables take up half the plate, with the vegetable portion being a little bigger than the fruit section.
And just like the pyramid where stripes were different widths, the plate has been divided so that the grain section is bigger than the protein section. Why? Because nutrition experts recommend you eat more vegetables than fruit and more grains than protein foods.
source: http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/pyramid.html#a_First_Lady_Likes_the_Plate















We all need to eat a balanced diet every day. This includes servings of
foods from different food groups in the Food Guide Pyramid. This guide suggests
that we consume--
 food from the fats, oil and sweet group sparingly.
 at least 1 glass a day of food from the milk and milk products group.
 2 and ½ servings daily of food from the meat, poultry, dry beans,
eggs, and nuts group.
 1 egg a day (for teenagers).
 3 servings of food from the vegetable group daily (for teenagers).
 3 servings of fruits daily.
 the greatest number of servings, which is 6-8 servings, of bread,
cereal, rice, root crops and noodles


7 comments:

  1. Wha! This is great full blog i like this type blog. Absolutely this blog have this quality big cost, special effects, thank for sharing this blog. Silky soft hand and skin sanitizer has three different functional properties of cleaning, sanitizing and The food grade ingredients. See Working with the Information on this Page section below for important notes about this data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to day for Dr chimnedum herbal home for he has made A me proud with his great herbalist work am not regreathing never meeting him cause he is a great herbalist man Dr chimnedum herbal home is a herbal home where you will have peace of mind he is a great herbalist man indeed, Dr chimnedum will never ever make mistake when giving Herb's to people, he cures all kind of disease,infection, illness, STD, kidney stony, HIV/AIDS,I am one of does he cured with his herb I am Campbell William I will testify to the great herbal home of Dr chimnedum he has cured my staphylococcus with his great herb,I'm proud if you whant to contact him you are free to contact him on his e-mail ( DR.CHIMNEDUMHERBALHOME 1616@GMAIL.COM,you can also contact him on his WhatsApp line no:+2347086675538, I will like you to contact him and be free from any thing that is your problem, seeing is believing.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,HypertensionFatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / .  or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to day for Dr chimnedum herbal home for he has made A me proud with his great herbalist work am not regreathing never meeting him cause he is a great herbalist man Dr chimnedum herbal home is a herbal home where you will have peace of mind he is a great herbalist man indeed, Dr chimnedum will never ever make mistake when giving Herb's to people, he cures all kind of disease,infection, illness, STD, kidney stony, HIV/AIDS,I am one of does he cured with his herb I am Campbell William I will testify to the great herbal home of Dr chimnedum he has cured my staphylococcus with his great herb,I'm proud if you whant to contact him you are free to contact him on his e-mail ( DR.CHIMNEDUMHERBALHOME 1616@GMAIL.COM,you can also contact him on his WhatsApp line no:+2347086675538, I will like you to contact him and be free from any thing that is your problem, seeing is believing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I’ve been a lurker around your blog for a few months. I love this article and your entire site! Looking forward to reading more!
    whole sale rice in usa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete